Conference Day 2
8:30 am - 9:00 am Morning Coffee
9:00 am - 9:15 am Chairman's Opening Remarks
9:15 am - 9:55 am Verify Your Vendor! Supplier Management and Mixed Facility HarmonizationOlivia Li - GTx Engineer Pfizer
- Discuss the single use ecosystem and life cycle management process; what are the critical success
factors to effective supplier management within this?
- Examine the reality of single use system implementation in a traditionally SS site – cleanability
considerations & closure risk management
- Analyse the challenges in mixed or transitioning facility management: Communication and risk strategy
- Identify the opportunities for harmonization when onboarding SU components to site – procurement,
supply chain, engineering, tech ops and manufacturing
Olivia LiGTx Engineer
9:55 am - 10:35 am Optimising Your Technology Transfer Process – What Have You Forgotten?Oonagh McGarry - Senior Process Equipment Engineer Contract Consultant - Pfizer
- Understand how optimizing your technology transfer process can create a robust and compliant site
- Why can’t I just replicate my existing model? Discuss the realities of cross-site implementation, and why
your approach needs to be customized to your site needs
- Identify some of the critical success factors in your transfer process – have you planned for them all?
Oonagh McGarrySenior Process Equipment Engineer
Contract Consultant - Pfizer
10:35 am - 11:15 am Panel Discussion: Change Management for All Stakeholders In Single Use ImplementationFabio Fachin - VP, Cell Therapy Manufacturing Torque Therapeutics
John Rook - Bioprocess Expert Halix
Francis Verhoeye - Director Single Use Technologies GSK Vaccines
- Discuss the importance of change control processes in adhering to system quality and efficiency
- Identify all stakeholders impacted in new technology implementation and build a strategy for stakeholder
recruitment to avoid delays in manufacturing processes
- Avoid costly process interruptions by developing a flexible change management strategy to incorporate
Fabio FachinVP, Cell Therapy Manufacturing
John RookBioprocess Expert
Francis VerhoeyeDirector Single Use Technologies
11:15 am - 11:45 am Networking Coffee Break
11:45 am - 12:20 pm From Manufacture to Market: Oxford BioMedica’s Lentiviral Manufacturing Process Utilising Single Use Technology On A Commercial ScaleMark Woodyer - Technical Manager - New Product Introduction Oxford Biomedica
- Discuss Oxford BioMedica’s 100% disposable facility - what did it take to get here?
- Ma out the path to launching a new product using entire disposable technologies
- Analyse the challenges faced when building this manufacturing process, and how you can avoid similar
Mark WoodyerTechnical Manager - New Product Introduction
12:20 pm - 1:00 pm Case Study: Application of Single Use Systems for Effective Viral Vector DevelopmentTony Hitchcock - Technical Director Cobra Biologics
- Discuss the impact of single use systems in facilitating effective development of gene therapy vectors
- Analyse the unique challenges around gene therapy production and discuss the need for increased
process and technology flexibility
- Discuss how SUS can optimise the production of novel biologics whilst maintaining GMP compliance
Tony HitchcockTechnical Director
1:00 pm - 1:40 pm Technology Innovation Showcase
3 of our solution providers will share their latest technology innovations to help you optimise your manufacturing processes. Take this opportunity to meet some the companies showcasing their solutions at this event!
1:40 pm - 2:40 pm Networking Lunch
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Scaling Single Use – Can we Actually Manufacture at Capacity? Does the Answer Lie In Continuous Processing?Sharyn Farnsworth - Principal Scientist-Manager Cell Culture, Upstream Process Development FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
- Analyse the current industry limitations to disposable solutions at scale and discuss the current realities of
continuous bioprocessing – is it really the model of the future or are we getting ahead of ourselves?
- Examine the industry requirements for scalable disposable technology and whether they provide a viable
commercial end to end manufacturing solution
- Examine the benefits of a continuous processing model in increasing productivity, facility capacity and
cost of goods maximisation
- Improve your process quality and reliability to avoid product and capacity wastage
Sharyn FarnsworthPrincipal Scientist-Manager Cell Culture, Upstream Process Development
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
3:20 pm - 4:00 pm Managing Your Single Use Facility Post Transition - Combining Compliance with OptimisationBianca van Leeuwen - Process Engineer Janssen
- Discuss how to upscale production with disposable technologies - looking into Janssen’s results over the
past 12 months
- Learn from the Janssen vaccines implementation program - identify the the biggest challenges along the
implementation pathway and come up with strategies to minimise their impact
- Discuss how to move beyond needs based compliance and towards a proactive documentation strategy
for 100% product compliance
Bianca van LeeuwenProcess Engineer
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Afternoon Coffee Break
4:30 pm - 5:10 pm Solutions Spotlight – Welcome to the Dragon’s Lair!
This interactive troubleshooting session targets key single use challenges and packs fun into the bargain too!
Delegates and solution providers will split into teams based on product areas and conceptualise, research
and create a brand new product to help with their single use implementation challenges. Once formed each
team’s idea will be presented to a team of expert judges, who will vote for the best idea!
5:10 pm - 5:40 pm Poll The Audience – Disposable Technology of the Future
Utilise the latest app-based polling technology to interact with your attendees and understand where the
industry is looking for technological development over the coming 12-18months!
- Discuss the industry impact of Single Use systems so far: Have we capitalised on their application?
- Identify industry drivers that will shape the technology to come: sustainability, capacity and systems
- Analyse the industry adoption trends – what will the biomanufacturing space look like 5 years from now
and how do we plan to get there?